Friday, September 11, 2015

In the After by Demitria Lunetta

Reviewed by: Miranda

I can't even explain how much I loved this book. It's kind of weird because I don't usually like these types of books. It is about this girl named Amy. She was about 14 when "aliens" invaded. Amy's mom was high up in the government and her dad was a very natural and organic person. What I mean by that is he ate healthy and used solar panels on the house. She finds out quickly that the aliens are really slow and can't see well, unless they hear movement then they become as fast as light.

One day she goes to the store at the end of her street. She finds a toddler eating rotten fruit. She is so confused about how she has survived out here without getting heard. She takes her home with her and calls her Baby.

There is a huge plot twist which causes Amy and Baby to realize that The After (the abandoned Earth they have inhabited) may not be so abandoned and all they knew to be true may not be.

I would rate it a 4.5 out of 5. I would have given it a 5, but the cliff hanger ruined my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment