Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Fault in Our Stars

Reviewed by: Jacey
John Green
Penguin Group
318 page

The Fault in Our Stars was an interesting book to say the least. If I were to give it a rating from one to ten, I would give it a six and a half. It is about a depressed teenager who prides herself in using big words and falls in love with a different, happier teenager. Typical. Here's the catch; they both have or have had cancer. I found this book to be less than inspiring and completely overrated. John Green is a good writer. But I do not think his writing was anything special in this particular work of fiction. I would not recommend this book to anyone under twelve or over 15. It is a bit more vulgar than I would like and so is absolutely not for children. All in all this book comes lowly recommended from me but I would suggest reading it just to say you did or to get your friends off your back about neglecting it. The book was a nice way to kill time but nothing I would consider reading again. I hope you found this review helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment