Friday, December 11, 2015

White Fang

Reviewed By: Salvador
By: Jack London
Macmillan
298 pages


When I was in eighth-grade, I was on a trip with my family to California, only a few into the trip, I began to get very bored so my brother handed me a book called White Fang.  My first thought was eww a gross book, but only six-pages in I was hooked.  I was very shocked and so were my mother and father because I don't like reading very much, but this book was different.  Let me give you a look into what a fantastic book this is.

White Fang takes place in the 1890's.  It is about a wolf-dog hybrid and his mother.  The mother was a part of a wolf pack while she was pregnant.  For some odd reason, the pack did not stay with her when she gave labor to the wolf who later be named White Fang by an old tribe in Canada.  Later, as the wolf becomes older and more curious, he would leave the den and go out and explore.  While he was out on an exploration, he is encountered by dangerous tribesmen/hunter(s).  The mother quickly comes to his aid but knows that she would be killed if she were to attack, so instead she came peacefully, but also ready for a fight.  They separate the two and the wolf grows up to be a big sled-dog leader and ends up forgotten by his mother, but he does not forget her.

I think that somebody who loves sad, exciting, and detailed stories would really enjoy this book and I highly recommend this book to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment